Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Photo Contest for K-12 Students

I was reminded today of a photo contest for K-12 students and thought you'd want to know about it.

In fact, I looked into the details and I'll post them below. Then, I decided that the best way to share this contest with my students would be to make a handout. See, if a child from my school wins, our school could win some cameras too! That is my incentive for encouraging my students to enter (besides growing enthusiasm in kids for photography.)

And then, since I made myself the handout, I figured maybe you'd like it too. Save you some time while encouraging kids to take pictures.

You can download the handout at: http://teachingwithcameras.com
(Yes, this is a new webpage...I haven't been keeping it a secret from you, but I had to make a new page to find a place to put these handouts but I figured I'll need the webpage later anyway when I finish the Cameras in the Classroom book.)

By the way, after asking for your favorite digital camera ideas, I now have five people who will be receiving the new book as a prize for submitting good ideas! If you didn't get a chance to send me your idea, I am still writing....send it in!

OK...power up those cameras!
You can download the handout at: http://teachingwithcameras.com
Kathy Cothran
"The Original Gadget Girl"

No comments: