Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Need New Technology?



Many of you may have the same issue I do around school.....the computers and technology are old. And I mean REALLY old, not just a little old.

Tonight I was reminded of a way to bring some new technology into your classrooms and schools. Grant writing isn't always easy, but the Best Buy Te@ch awards aren't too bad to write. I've been awarded one in the past.

Here's the catch though: the project you want to support with technology must already be in place and running for at least one year. (Also, it is only open to schools in the US and Puerto Rico)

More details can be found at:
http://www.bestbuyinc.com/community_relations/teach_awards.htm

You may already have a great project started. I know this because by asking for digital camera ideas I'm now prepared to award 8 books as prizes for excellent submitted ideas! Any or all of these could be projects for the Best Buy Te@ch awards.

Look into this opportunity! The little bit of time it takes to write the application could pay off in thousands of dollars!

No comments: