Sunday, May 3, 2009

I'll Leave the Door Open!

You've probably heard that old commercial for a hotel, "We'll leave the light on for you."

I've been wanting to write to you all weekend and have finally gotten a chance in the calm and quiet of Sunday night.

On Friday morning as we were getting ready to go to school and packing up everything the girls would need for a weekend with their dad, I left the back car door open.....only for a few minutes....

Then I went inside and told Kate to put her guitar in the backseat....while I ran upstairs to the bathroom. I'm taking care of business when I hear a blood-curdling scream from the driveway.

Next I hear Hannah run out to see about the commotion.....

At the top of her lungs (and I'm sure my 85 year old neighbors loved that) she's screaming (and crying, I might add) because when she leaned in to put her guitar in the backseat, there was a squirrel sitting on top of her suitcase staring back at her! Her scream scared the poor squirrel right into the front seat where he couldn't get out from, until Kate ran away from the car and the squirrel made his escape!

Now, you might be wondering how I am going to tie this into technology, or the Mastermind Group, and I've had so much fun trying to figure that out.

First, retelling this story while recording as a podcast or movie would make a spectacular short digital story. Mix in some random photos of squirrels.....add some titles....pose some photos.....Perfect digital story!

Next, in light on having to "leave the door open" I'll also disclose the special, secret link again, for the exclusive way into the Mastermind Group of Educators..... click here.....
So, beware of squirrels that can become the perfect story for writing with voice.

Enjoy the day...
Kathy Cothran
"The Original Gadget Girl"

No comments: