Sunday, March 8, 2009

Top 10 things I learned in my 30s….but never wanted to know…..

(OK...so maybe this isn't technology related, but it is what is on my mind tonight!)

#10 How to be single parent to itty-bitty girls….
#9 Details about paying all household expenses
#8 What to do when the sewer pipes back up into the basement
#7 What to do when you’ve had the sewer pipes dug up from the front of the house all the way to the street and then the pipes still back up into your basement
#6 How not to sob (but still cry) to the contractor digging up the yard
#5 How to catch mice and deal with decomposed mouse guts inside of one of those fancy girly traps without dumping them onto the computer keyboard
#4 The intricacies of online dating (Did the guy really think I wouldn’t notice when he said he was 6 foot tall that he was only 5’2”?)
#3 How to waterproof the basement and have a sump pump installed and still have rivers running through the basement
#2 How to install a light fixture way up in the stairwell
And, the #1 thing I never wanted to know:
#1 What to do when the water from your shower on the second floor starts running through the kitchen ceiling.

Of course there have been many more lessons that I have learned in my thirties, but these are just a few that I really didn’t want to know about!

No comments: